In order to find out which type of magazine to create I have conducted a questionnaire to see what people think. These are our results:
(15 male 15 female)
13-16 (7 people) 17-25 (21 people) 26+ (2 people)
3) What genre of magazine would you prefer?
(18 said pop, 9 said R&B, 2 said other, 1 said rock)
4) Which type of music magazine do you think the market needs?
(15 said pop, 10 said R&B, 4 said rock, 1 said jazz)
5) How much would you be prepared to pay for a music magazine?
More than £3.00
(22 people £3.00, 6 said £2.00, 2 said more than £3.00)
6) How often do you buy a music magazine?
Every two weeks
Once a month
(19 said once a month, 6 said every two weeks, 3 said rarely, 2 said once a week)
7) Which name would you suggest for my magazine?
(19 said harmony, 8 said lyric, 3 said melody)
8) What sort of things would you like to see in the magazine? (Choose 4)
Free concert tickets
(The top 3 came out as new bands, celebrity, free concert tickets and interviews)
9) Where do you currently buy you music from?
(18 said downloads, 6 said I Tunes, 6 said CD’s)
10) How do you listen to your music?
(10 said I pod, 6 said MP3 player, 7 said music channels, 5 said radio, 2 said CD player)